Paleo (or not paleo) Samoas – Gluten Free, Grain Free and optionally Dairy free
So, today I found a recipe for GF cookies. The recipe was doable and so I made some and by some I mean a lot of changes. They’re really tasty. Let me know what you think!
Yields: 12 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup of either softened butter or coconut oil if you’re doing paleo
- 1/2 cup Palm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (make sure it’s actually gluten free
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup 67% cacao Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Chunks (I got the ones from whole foods )
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry items except for the chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter/coconut oil and sugar. Beat in the vanilla and egg until smooth. Beat in the dry mixture until the dough is well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop out dough with ice cream scoop and flatten.
- Put it into the oven for 12-15 minutes until they’re lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Net Carbs: 13g